Friday, June 17, 2011

Yummy! How about a nice berries fruit salad today before this...

….but CRUNCH!

Mi nombre is Maria, and I want to be a marathoner. Well, I am kind of being a scary cat about it and want to back out, but part of me feels like if I don’t go through with this.. it will haunt me forever. 

I will be running the Bank of America Chicago Marathon in October (omaaaagaaawd 26.2!!!) and I have not yet started training. So that you all could get a little bit of an idea of who I am, or my history of running/being active…lemme tell’yuhh wassap.

  • In the summer of 2008, I lost a good 30(ish) pounds by occasional jogging, improving my ways of eating. I’d say this was awesome and opened my eyes to so many things I was missing out on.
  • Summer of 2009 was a weird pause, and I didn’t gain or loose.
  • Summer of 2010 I dropped another 20 pounds— I began jogging, a lot! I finished my first race ever, the Soldier Field Fleet Feet 10 Miler, and also completed the Chicago Half Marathon. 
  • Summer of 2011— so far, I have not dropped more weight.. I tend to lose then gain in winter. It’s tough being an FBI agent, I mean..student/worker. I started on the Insanity workout plan just this week, and plan to keep it. I completed the Shamrock Shuffle (baby race) 5 miles. AND NOW… I will start on my official training on Monday. 

I am really excited to be sharing my experience with the public, in case anyone needs some motivation to become active, or if someone has any tips they can share with me. I am also REALLY into nutrition, so I will have healthy recipes up, as well as links and interesting runner’s info. This is the schedule I will be running on, except I will adjust it so my long runs can be Mondays. 

Marathon Training Schedule:Novice 1
WeekMonTueWedThurFriSatSun1rest3 m run3 m run3 m runrest6cross2rest3 m run3 m run3 m runrest7cross3rest3 m run4 m run3 m runrest5cross4rest3 m run4 m run3 m runrest9cross5rest3 m run5 m run3 m runrest10cross6rest3 m run5 m run3 m runrest7cross7rest3 m run6 m run3 m runrest12cross8rest3 m run6 m run3 m runrest13cross9rest3 m run7 m run4 m runrest10cross10rest3 m run7 m run4 m runrest15cross11rest4 m run8 m run4 m runrest16cross12rest4 m run8 m run5 m runrest12cross13rest4 m run9 m run5 m runrest18cross14rest5 m run9 m run5 m runrest14cross15rest5 m run10 m run5 m runrest20cross16rest5 m run8 m run4 m runrest12cross17rest4 m run6 m run3 m runrest8cross18rest3 m run4 m run2 m runrestrestrace

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Themes by ASRock Jok Tekamok - Privacy Policy - Sitemap