Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dr. Oz Highlights the Importance of Following Bowel Preparation Instructions Before Colonoscopy



IS MEDICARE ABOUT TO RUN OUT?


I know I whine a lot and it frequently comes off as high-horse but it isn’t intended and most of the time is genuinely confused so bear with me. When my mother came to visit with us a few months ago, she was here for a week. When we went to Whole Foods to get dinner and any groceries she might need, she bought herself dinner and a mango that looked yummy. Michael’s sister is here for a week. Thus far, we’re looking at $46 on food. I just don’t understand that.

I know plenty of people have the money to do - that’s cool. But I just don’t get how you spend $46 on things that don’t combine to form a meal. Of course, I know what Michael and his family considers a meal is vastly different from how I was raised so that might be one of the differences right there. 

This one isn’t about my family or Michael’s, however. This one is about being confused as to how people eat certain ways. Let’s face it, we’ve all eaten crappy before in ours lives. Everyone has had that week they said fuck it to anything but cheese fries, that semester of binge drinking or chain smoking (or both!), that buffet line that got the best of them. No human being (even those who BS well) can say they always eat healthy or even close to it everyday in their life. I’m pretty darn close nowadays but sometimes get taken hold of by the Too Much Popcorn Monster. 

I just don’t get how one could choose to eat really, really poorly and really, really expensive everyday. Surely someone has mentioned to you that Doritios are not a healthy snack or lunch. Surely someone has told you or you’ve read it somewhere that there is this thing called “sodium” and that having 5,000mg+ of it in a day is bad. I know so many people who turn a blind eye to this crap and yes, it’s fine once in a while but let’s not pretend that eating like crap daily every meal daily doesn’t catch up with someone. 

I don’t know, maybe I’m on edge and looking forward to a healthy life or something. 

The Truth About Cellulite

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Themes by ASRock Jok Tekamok - Privacy Policy - Sitemap