Saturday, June 18, 2011

SC20110607-222033.png on Flickr.Fewer miles, but more calories...

10 Disturbing Sunscreen Secrets.

Summer salad + a glass of white wine on the balcony with heather. Heavenly.

++ Click to Enlarge Image ++
Paxil Pregnancy Nightmare  | Infographic |
Via: Paxil-Birth-Defect.com



Eating healthy tonight!

Breakfast:

Vegetable Omelet (1 Egg)

Lunch:

Fruit Salad

Dinner:

Vegetable Casserole (Small Portion)

Snacks:

After dinner - Tea and Cornbread.

I ate a Cinnamon Roll at Lunch which probably wasn’t the healthiest. I regret it now, but it was delicious.

Exercise:

Swimming for Thirty Minutes

Walked Around Campus

Mini Workout After School

Full Workout After Dinner

You’d think for a newly registered dietitian, I’d have this eating healthy thing down pat, but I’m human and it is a struggle for me, just like it is for most people. That being said, I’m committing to making more of an effort for the next month.

Goals:

  • go booze-free for the next 30 days. my liver will thank me, as will my wallet. hopefully it shouldn’t be as difficult as it sounds as i’ll have to be sober throughout nxne anyways and i don’t have too many other shows lined up other than SCENE and i never really drink that day anyways
  • drink more water. this used to be so easy when i was working, i’d fill and re-fill my water bottle hourly and would end up consuming ~ 2L of water and 1.5L of tea just during the work day. it’s been harder since i’ve been off to keep up the habit but i just have to make it part of my routine. i also need to replace my stainless steel water bottle so i have something to carry with me when i go out.
  • cut out junk food/processed sugar hopefully completely. definitely overindulged in desserts over the two week period that included my birthday and graduation. and that needs to stop. allowed cheats to include frozen yogurt and gelato - but only fruit-based ones (no chocolate) and 100% fruit juice freezies, because let’s be honest, it’s hot out, i need some sort of frozen deliciousness. no baking because i just end up having to eat it all and i can’t handle the sugar.
  • have a salad with lunch and/or dinner. with the hot weather here, salads are definitely making more of a comeback in my meals. have cooked vegetables too. also, snack on cut up vegetables and hummus. pretty much, eat more vegetables. i find it so easy to feast on fruit but veggies have always been harder to consume in the appropriate number of servings for me.
  • give up cheese. i’ve actually stopped buying cheese when grocery shopping so that’s helped a lot. really only have parmegiano on pasta which doesn’t count (because i say it doesn’t count) and when eating out, especially at sky blue sky, but i’ll try to pick cheese-free options as much as possible. 
  • go wheat-free. this will definitely be the hardest - i love me my bread. but as long as i try to buy gluten-free from the grocery store, it will really only be sky blue sky sandwiches that will be my cheat. i can live with that. might get harder during nxne when i’ll likely eat out more often, but i’ll try my best. 
  • i think that’s all. luckily i gave up caffeine 3 years ago, so don’t have to worry about that.

How can I lose inches off my waist…in a day? :O It just happened so that I’m a 28/29 now :)). I used to be 29-31.

Oh well.

YAY FOR ME YAY FOR ME

Typhus fever, a common tic born disease. http://dld.bz/qVs7 health disease



SC20110607-222033.png on Flickr.

Fewer miles, but more calories expended. Another great workout month!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Themes by ASRock Jok Tekamok - Privacy Policy - Sitemap