Sunday, June 19, 2011

so my current location is knoxville, tennessee.  it is probably one of the most humid areas in the...

So today was day one of my new workout plan (see my goals for June post) and I think I did pretty good!

Intake:

Breakfast: homemade smoothie (frozen strawberries and peaches, fresh strawberries, a banana and milk; delish!)

Work Snack: an orange, a banana and 1 can of low sodium v8

Pre-workout snack: a bowl of plain 2% yogurt

Lunch: a huge plate of shrimp salad: shrimp tossed in homemade asian vinaigrette (ginger, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, coriander, chillies, garlic) on top of arugula, spinach, romaine lettuce, red & yellow peppers, cucumber, mushrooms, roma & cherry tomatoes. the salad leaves also came very with small portions of asiago cheese, flax seed crackers, almonds, those crunchy yellow asian noodle-looking thingies, pineapple and tangerines so we threw them in there as well. mmmm soo yummy!

Before school snack: kiwi and a small bowl of special k with red berries and milk

While driving snack (my sister fed me lol): about 6 bites of Sri lankan style lemon rice and spicy potatoes mmm

In-class snack: some blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and cherries

Dinner: dahl (lentil curry) with spareribs on top of rice. Mmmm my mom is an amazing cook.

I also had 2 cups of green tea and some water.

Workout: I did C25K (W1D3) and 30 mins of power yoga which I absolutely love. The only workout which makes me feel energized, relaxed and rejuvenated while I sweat buckets.

So overall I think I did pretty good today, although I definitely need to up my water intake. Other than that, I think I may have gone a little overboard with the fruit; I probably should’ve substituted some of them for veggies. I wonder if it’s bad to have too many fruits in one day (ie too much sugar)? Either way, it’s definitely better than snacking on chips or cookies so I’m not upset about it. Hopefully the rest of the month goes this smoothly!

I watched this on the skinny. I never really thought about it that way. And what she was saying applied to me. I am always like: “If I lose this, then this”. I never realized i did that before I watched that video. 

I’m now thinking that if you don’t love your self and are only healthy because you want to lose weight… you are going to get no where. It’s about a healthy life style. I still haven’t really grasped that but… I believe I am getting there. 

Well, maybe not healthy…but pretty low in calorie, and many of these are low in fat, too! It’s so easy to get rid of that sweet tooth with all of these yummy recipes. When I looked them up, I was like…are you forreal? 150 calories!? Chocolate? Sweetness? HELLS YEAH

Blueberry White Chocolate Chunk Ginger Cookies

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/blueberry_white_chocolate_chunk_ginger_cookies.html

Broiled Mango

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/broiled_mango.html

Grilled Dark Chocolate Sandwich

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/grilled_dark_chocolate_sandwich.html

Marscarpone Mini Cupcakes with Strawberry Glaze

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/mascarpone-mini-cupcakes-with-strawberry-glaze-recipe/index.html

Lemon Icebox Bars

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/lemon-icebox-bars-recipe/index.html

Decadent Chocolate Cake

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/decadent-chocolate-cake-recipe/index.html



Holistic Health Practitioner. Being a nutritionist has been up in the air for a while, but i didnt know in what aspect i wanted to deal with it. Once I started reading up on Holistic treatment I was hooked.

Dont get too excited. This could change tomorrow, or next month. lol. But to be honest i dont see myself ever having a full time job with a nice salary. Im a drifter. Not in it for the money or 401K. Im in it to help & educate my peers as best as i can.

Wherever that takes me, im down for the ride. =)

1 small mango and a cup of hamburger helper.

Not sure what I’m having for dinner though. Still debating. 

Insanity with my brother at around 3 maybe… or a little before. 

TOMORROW is FRIDAY, FRIDAY gotta weigh in at 19-dayyyyy. 

Haha, I am lame. :)





Your friends will be surprised the next time they see you because you’ll look much younger and sexier.”

Guess who picked up some green tea, today?
Sold. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Themes by ASRock Jok Tekamok - Privacy Policy - Sitemap