Saturday, June 18, 2011

30 Day Weight Loss Challenge, Day 2

I’m going for a walk instead of run today.

Only two miles, too.

I wish summer would come so that I can have loads of time to burn calories.

“Keeping your body healthy is an expression of gratitude to the whole cosmos - the trees, the...



I had one today.  It was amazing.  I just realized a few things:

  1. Obviously I can’t control everything in life.
    What I mean is: I can’t control that my parents have financial problems.  Technically, they don’t have money problems.  I was not, however, aware that there is a difference.  There is, though.  My parents have money.  It’s locked up in CDs right now, though, and they are unable to use it.  They have a lot of money they can’t touch until August of this year.  I can’t control this.  I, however, can control what I use of theirs.  For instance: electricity, water, food, beverage, etc.  I can control all of these and put myself on a $20 budget for food and drink.  I can control the 20 minute shower I take, or for how long I let the water run.  I can control what I leave plugged in or what light I leave on.
  2. Stress management is key in my life.
    I can’t stress over every single, tiny, little thing.  That is so not healthy.  I’m really bad about it, though.  I need to learn to be logical and just not freak out before I know I have to.  And, even then, you never really should freak out about something.  For instance: food and exercise.  I always beat myself up so much for not walking that extra minute or mile.  I always beat myself up if I don’t workout.  I guilt myself out of eating what I really want which will only hurt me in the long run.  If I eat something that I think I shouldn’t have, then I stress about it.  Stress actually causes weight gain.  I need to learn how to manage it.  Ideas anyone??
  3. Food is food, calories are calories, working out is good, and water is key.
    Some of you do not agree with me.  That’s fine.  I have my own mottos.  I don’t always have the patience to let the tea heat up, and I have found no alternatives to hot tea.  I’ve heard that the instant powder tea is bad for you so I don’t drink it.  Instead I opt for water with a little lemon in it.  Food, no matter what, is food.  If I’m craving something, okay.  Well, I’m probably going to have a little of that something and get over it.  I can’t feel bad about going over my calorie count anymore.  I’m eating healthier, exercising a lot more, drinking a lot of water, and I’m good.  I’m happy.  Some days I hit the slump of, ‘why do I bother.’ But I pretty quickly get over it.
  4. Moderation is your best friend.
    I come from a binging type of ordeal.  I’d deprive myself so much that I’d eventually just cave and eat a shit ton of whatever I wasn’t allowing myself.  Bad.  This is so bad.  I think what a lot of people who take the weight-loss ‘plunge’ (if you will) forget is you can’t cut yourself off completely.  I have so many vices.  For instance: I absolutely LOVE pasta.  I eat it at least once a month.  It doesn’t matter when, I just do.  I love ranch potato chips (not a good example since I gave them up ‘cold turkey’ and never looked back).  It’s OKAY to treat yourself guys!  In fact, most people encourage you to!  Just keep it light.  Usually once you have a tiny amount of whatever you’re craving, you’re good to go.
  5. Live freely.
    You cannot spend your life counting calories, staring at the numbers on the scale, or wasting away.  I haven’t gotten to the point in my life where I don’t count calories anymore.  I haven’t gotten to the point in my life where I don’t weigh myself anymore.  I still fret over small things.  I realize, though, that I don’t always want to be this person.  I gave up drinking because it’s a lot of extra calories.  I won’t always not drink.  I will some day learn to incorporate it into my diet (hopefully by my 21st birthday).  I want to be able to incorporate it in at least 2-4 days a month and be okay with that.  i want to know I’m okay drinking a six pack of light beer.  I won’t let somebody tell me that isn’t okay.  I enjoy drinking.  I aspire to be the girl who can go to the gym, not count calories, and live a somewhat guilt-free, stress-free life.

While I haven’t found cures for all of these things, I’m working on it.  That’s really all I can do.  I still have my days where I’m a complete jerk to myself.  I’m going to slowly ease myself from this attitude, though.

ways to de-bloat with simple food swapping:

it’s basically a give & take. a lot of the foods mention are what i have to eat because i’m anemic & need all the iron-based foods i can get. but you can always go around it, i believe. eitherway, the best way to de-bloat, diet, & maintain a healthy body is to drink lots & lots of water!

I FEEL GREAT! 

My diet was decent today:

  • Fiber bar in the morning
  • Pizza roll for lunch (horrible.. I know)
  • Apple for a snack
  • Small portion of wheat noodles and Alfredo 
  • A ton of water

Now I am going to make something small for my post workout meal. 

Today was my first day of the biggest loser. 

At the first station, we walked up and down a hill ten times. Then we ran around it, when the whistle blew, we ran up it, down it, and then around it again. Then we ran up and down it five more times. 

At the second station, we went around a track and each light post had a different exercise (sit ups, push ups, squats, lunges, etc.)

Then at the final station, we sprinted to a fence, jogged back, did twenty push ups and sit ups and repeated four times. Then we stepped up on a bench, fifteen on each leg. And then worked with weights. 

I am tired… But feel GOOOOOOD.



someone give me homemade cookies!!



Inner thighs workout, via POP Pilates :) only ten minutes and works magically. 

“Nowadays the clinical history too often weighs more than the man.”

- Martin H. Fischer

How tall are you? Do you like your height?

On my state ID, it says 5’5” and when I get my drivers’ license, it will say 5’4” because that’s what it says on my permit.

In reality, I’m 5 fee, 4 and a half inches. Have been for a while, so I better get used to it!

I wish I was taller because that way maybe I would be a little thinner, but I also love being able to feel tall when I wear heels.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Themes by ASRock Jok Tekamok - Privacy Policy - Sitemap