Friday, June 17, 2011

Health Benefits From Grape Juice http://ping.fm/Xow6b health grapes drinks

  1. Cleaning the house. 
  2. Running.
  3. Going out with Jaime.
  4. Work out again. 



This is what happens in my Health and Human Development class. One of my good friends draws this and says very loudly ‘MY REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM LOOKS LIKE A TELLETUBBIE!’

Hey Dudes,

The title says it all.  I don’t really know why I am not dropping more weight.  I have been doing fairly intense exercise 3 times a week.  I have given up fried food (with only one or two small slip ups).  I gave up coffee.  I have cut out most sweets (I am a sucker for fro-yo).  I have increased my veggies, cooked more and ordered out less. 

My boyfriend insists that I am building muscle which is making my weight stay the same though I may be losing fat.  I have heard of this happening, but I still feel that something should be more notably different.  I am also fairly cranky because besides my usual sleep deprivation, I injured both feet in stupid ways yesterday. 

At work I dropped an enormous padlock on the top of my foot, which I now feel a stabbing feeling through the center of with every step.  And then last night a curling iron fell off the bathroom counter.  I’d like to pretend that I endured the pain like some Die Hard-esque hero, but it fell so hard on my foot that it cut my toe open with it’s dull side.  I seriously screamed and cried like a toddler.  I felt like I was going to vomit - it felt like I stubbed my toe so hard that it exploded.

OK enough of that.

Anyway, I will have to give my feet a day to heal.  Not to mention my body which is basically just aching all the time at this point.  AND SLEEP.  I am so exhausted.  I feel worn fairly thin… not as thin as I’d like of course.  Buh dum bump.  I imagine a large part of my lack of weight loss has to do with my lack of sleep.  Staying up later equals more late night calories (despite my attempts to curb that) as well as no opportunity for my body to repair itself.

So now it’s time to learn the importance of sleep.  Thanks for following this stuff guys.  It keeps me honest.

the promise of rain, a 4 mile walk around the lake, our favorite gosling, a 3.5 mile run, a deer sighting, holding hands.

****

had the most unexpectedly invigorating workout last night. everything was just so calm and the air was so cool that I couldn’t help but go for a walk, then a run. I didn’t run very fast. (ten minute miles, so a jog really.) but it felt GOOD. the nagging hip trouble (hello old lady) was gone for a brief magical hour and a half, and I experienced that strange runner’s nirvana that made me fall in love with running to begin with. plus now I can do more than 10 push-ups, cause I’ve been working on them all week.

***

BAM.

I got up at 4:30 AM like any other day, made my way to our meeting spot and set out on our 5 mile course. With 6 of us running and the conversations dry we decided to have an “Indian Run”..with a twist! So the leader asked a question and everyone had to answer as they made their way to the front. The last one in line makes up another question and it continues. It was a blast hearing some of the answers and thinking up some questions. First one: What’s your favorite beer? Except since I don’t drink ( I’m 19!) they asked “What’s your favorite juice box?” Hahaha! I love my running club!

Onions May Prevent Asthma Attacks http://t.co/IkgmWD2 onions health

Improve Your Memory with The Right Kinds of Food http://ping.fm/d0lrw food nutrition health

Health Benefits From Oranges http://bit.ly/apxUQQ oranges health

Simple urine test could detect early stage stomach and pancreatic cancer

Health Benefits From Grape Juice http://ping.fm/Xow6b health grapes drinks

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Themes by ASRock Jok Tekamok - Privacy Policy - Sitemap