Friday, June 17, 2011

Why do athletes have a slow heart rate compared to couch potatoes?

We were supposed to go to a movie tonight, but I can’t because I can’t stop making noise. This is fucking awful.

Please read the entire article before taking any action.

Last night as I was doing the typical tumblr grind, I saw a link to a blog called zeroislove. From that, I found a link to the ED directory. In the description, it says: “This directory is in no way pro-anything. It is created so that people struggling with any kind of ED will be able to find one another. So we will be able to support each other through hard times and our strugglings. This is for the better.”

Initially I thought, okay - if this is place for people going through eating disorders or anything of the like to help each other, then great. 

Well, I looked through these featured blogs and I just cried. A lot of these girls are very young and hate themselves. They are losing too much weight too fast and in the worst ways. One of them said that she lost 0.4 pounds in a day and it wasn’t good enough. Half a pound in one day? That’s not healthy! This same girl stated in her blog description that for every ? put in her ask box, she’d do 100 crunches. Another girl said she was losing weight to get a guy. The ED Directory claims to be a place of support, but support of what? They don’t seem to be supporting healthy lifestyles or healthy body images, they just seem to be listing off blogs with names like beauty-is-bones, mustbe-skinny, trappedbythin and mekillingcalories

Now let me say that I believe every girl has the right to do what she wants with her body. That being said, I also believe that no girl should hate herself.

No girl should think they have to be thin to be beautiful.

No girl should harm herself.

I’m a full supporter of living a healthy lifestyle but I think that if you want to take that route, you should be doing it for no one but yourself. And if you do, do it right - eating healthy and exercising. Get enough calories to nourish your body, otherwise it will go into starvation mode. Push yourself, but not too hard - you should feel good after you work out! Also, it isn’t the end of the world if you have a chocolate bar. Everything in moderation.

Rather than attacking the people behind the ED Directory, can you please join me in restoring the self-esteem of these girls? I think it would be so amazing to make them feel good about themselves. I will say that some of the blogs listed are run by girls who are recovering/have recovered from eating disorders, self-harm, unhealthy exercise habits, and that sort of thing - rather than just skipping past them because they seem ‘okay’ I think they should be congratulated and supported just as much as those who are still suffering.

Criticism of their lifestyles will no doubt be rejected - suggestion can be a powerful tool if used the right way. Let these girls know how gorgeous and perfect they are and let’s just encourage them - fill their ask boxes with happy thoughts, maybe links to some really positive fitspo blogs, encouraging songs (Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars, Born This Way by Lady Gaga, etc.) and anything else you can think of.

I can’t do this alone. I know this is something pretty small if you think of how many girls have EDs or cut themselves or just wish they were different…but if I can help change the thinking of one person I’ll be happy. And if I can get other people on board helping me change the warped views these girls have of themselves, I’ll be ecstatic.

Here’s the link to the ED Directory. [click here]

All I want is for these girls to see and understand that they’re beautiful whether they’re (by nature) a size 0 or a size 24. Health should always come before vanity and when you’re under-eating or over-exercising, you’re hurting your body. There’s a healthy way! ?  

It's about time people take responsibility.:

I’ve been a vegetarian for 5 years. Even though I still eat dairy my body is in great shape. You don’t even have to cut meat and dairy out of your diet, just eat less of it. It will not only benefit yourself, but your loved ones as well. (=

I haven’t watched this video yet but I plan to later today.

  • White and Green Tea Mixed
  • Eucalyptus Honey
  • Lemon

    Liquid Lullaby



Drink: The Republic of Tea Green Tea.

SUPPS

  • 1 vitamin c pills 
  • 1 omega 3 pill
  • 1 calcium/magnesium
  • 1 vitamin d pill

UNDEREAT (20 HRS)

  • 1 coffee: water/splenda/coffee (0 cals) + 4 tsp whitener (60 cals)
  • 1tbs chocolate chips (70 cals) 

OVEREAT (4 HRS)

  • 1 chicken breast with back attached (300 cals) + tbs spring roll sauce (30 cals)
  • 1 cup of veggies (broccoli/cauliflower/carrots) (20 cals) 
  • 3/4 cup  greek yogurt (120 cals) + 5 strawberries (25 cals) + 5 almonds (45 cals) + splenda (0 cals) 
  • 1 baby bel cheese (60 cals)

MOTIVATION 

Ah, only 353 calories left for tomorrow. That will be difficult, but it is kind of an ideal amount to eat before my weigh-in on sunday! I’ll eat a piece of chicken (300) and some veggies (20 cals) and a lower cal coffee in the morning (~33 cals) . I can handle it!! 

This is how my arm currently looks like. You may wonder why a picture of my arm? One the things i dislike about my body are my arms they are flabby and i get too self conscious while wearing sleeveless shirts. One the things i definitely understand is our body decides where to lose the fat. My current goal is to have a toned arm and i will definitely reach for it, if i was the one to make it like that then i will be the one to make it toned and healthier.

I’ve been dying to try stevia for awhile since I totally avoid artificial sweeteners in all their toxicity. I’ve heard good things about it and it’s the only sweetener allowed on the melt away program. From what I’ve heard, Stevia is a plant related to sunflowers that have sweet leaves. These leaves are the source of stevia or truvia’s sweetness. Indians have been using this plant as a sweetener for centuries. You can find it at most health food stores or even some grocery stores. I’ll make a product review once I’ve tried which hopefully will be soon.

http://www.stevia.com
https://www.healthyshopping.com/SweetLeaf



Snack: Trader Joe’s tortilla chips with organic hummus dip.

Why do athletes have a slow heart rate compared to couch potatoes?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Themes by ASRock Jok Tekamok - Privacy Policy - Sitemap