Thursday, July 28, 2011

Shu Uemura Natural 18 Foundation Brush







Once upon a time I was wary of using brushes made of natural hair for cream and liquid products. Luckily, I got over it.



Shu Uemura Natural 18 Foundation Brush is made of goat hair and I love it. This brush works for me with everything from LMdB Peau Vierge to the creamiest foundations. It applies the coverage in a thin and even layer and doesn't streak. While nowhere nearly as soft as Hakuhodo 210, this is still a gentle enough brush to use on days my skin feels tight and sensitive. Unlike many a goat brush of similar shape, I doubt my Natural 18 has lost even one hair in the 8 or nine months I've had it.







Shu Uemura Natural 18 brush is on the medium to medium-small side. It reaches most nooks and crannies and doesn't require any special technique. It's like a smaller and more precise version of an old favorite, Cover FX #160 foundation brush. The shape is nearly identical and both are made of white goat hair. I love this shape for foundation brushes, because they're excellent for blending and they give a quick and easy application. They're not meant for stippling or serious buffing, but that's why one needs variety, right?



Bottom Line: you can't go wrong with Shu.



Shu Uemura Natural 18 Foundation Brush ($42) is available from shuuemura-usa.com. If you live outside the US you can also find it at your nearest Shu counter.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Themes by ASRock Jok Tekamok - Privacy Policy - Sitemap