Friday, August 27, 2010

Muse for Saturday 28th August, 2010 - Cyd Charisse.


 Look at her!! She was so delicious. Apparently Fred Astaire once observed of her: 'That Cyd! Once you dance with her, you stay danced with!' Doll after my own heart.
This week has been an odd-assortment of demanding folk; I'm about to go for an epic run out around uni and back to get away from them all. Turning off my phone has never felt like such a subversive act before.
On an amusing note; I've been offered a significant amount of money to 'style' an older friend of mine and her friend as well. This amuses me no end, and when she asked me I was completely taken-aback. Basically because I really admire great style, but I've never considered that I have great style, or would be able to fake having great style. I tend to dress like a Vargas pin-up, Stevie Nicks and Susanna Hoffs circa The Bangles era, got chucked in the washer together. I seem to reach for anything in lace almost by default, and have an obsession with ankle socks, thigh-highs and head- dresses verging on demented. Whimsical and womanly - yes, but elegant or 'stylish' - no.
I'm definitely going to do it though. I think it will be fun to dress older women and it might just get me looking a bit more sophisticated in the process. We can only hope, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Themes by ASRock Jok Tekamok - Privacy Policy - Sitemap